Tuesday, April 10, 2012

MOROCCAN CRUSH

The newly launched Byzantium Collection by Schumacher is inspired by the exotic Moorish architecture of Morocco. I love the vibrant turquoise palette and timeless patterns but I'm not sure I would use the entire collection together.  Perhaps the Serallo mosiac wallpaper in a bathroom or the plush Marrakech ottoman in a bedroom, just for fun. I prefer the cultivated mix of textures and colors in Villa Kadiri. The avalanche of pink and red silk pillows, so rich and sensuous on the long settee, so perfect for entertaining. Your thoughts? 



Serallo Mosiac
Nasrid Palace Mosiac
Kiawah Stripe
Marrakech Velvet Ottoman

7 comments:

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

I love the sprite! I love the use of aqua and blue to gather. So pretty.
Happy Tuesday.
Teresa
xoxo

Acquired Objects said...

The color combination is wonderful and it will certainly make an impact with color!

Enjoy your day!
XX
Debra~

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Love, love the colors. I have a crush too.

miss b said...

All gorgeous - I love this style - reminds me of the tiles I recently saw in Istanbul too.
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com/

j said...

I really like this new collection but then again, I've always been drawn to Moorish/Moroccan patterns and textiles. I'll have to take a look next time I'm in the showroom.

Jenn @ Living Luxe for Less said...

I love this color palette and I especially like the ottoman! It's such a unique shape! It would be great with a vanity.

Felicia Shelton said...

A friend of mine just told me to have a look at your blog. Very nice! I just came back from Morocco (a week ago) and couldn't stop touching all the amazing fabric, rugs, jaw-dropping styling in the best riads that Marrakech has to offer. It was my first time in Morocco and I'm going back in a couple of months because, like you, I love the rich colors so abundant there. Thanks for posting this!